How to Get Rid of Tonsil Stones?
How to Get Rid of Tonsil Stones?Feb 17
“Prevention is better than cure”. This is an old saying where philosophers have said that instead of running behind doctors with the disease, one should prevent the occurrence of the cause of the disease only. Thus, the question arises how to get rid of tonsil stone? There are preventive measures that one should take care of.
- One should take magnesium supplements daily in order to prevent the formation of tonsil stone. Magnesium prevents the formation of stones as it helps in distributing the calcium evenly throughout the body. Excess of calcium accumulation is among the main substances besides mucus, debris, and leftover food particles that accumulates in the tonsil crypts and thus causes tonsil stones.
- Taking medication that causes drying of mouth should be avoided. As the dry mouth leads to the formation of tonsil stones.
- One should avoid drinking sugary beverages such as sodas as they contribute to the development of tonsil stones.
- Try to avoid smoking and drinking of alcoholic beverages, as the alcohol can leave the mouth dry which leads to the formation of tonsil stones. Similarly, smoking will also help in stone formation.
- One should restrict dairy products consumption, as these will promote accumulation of the mucus and substances that will lead to the formation of tonsilloliths.
- One should practice oral hygiene so that growth of bacteria and accumulation of the debris that builds up and lead to foul-smelling breath should be avoided. Thus, one should brush and floss the teeth daily twice a day and should use tongue scraper for cleaning the tongue.
- One should avoid eating any food item just before going to bed. Any food particles left in the mouth will lead to the development of tonsil stone causing bacteria.
- Further, if there is terrible pain and one wants to know how to get rid of tonsil stones, is the removal of the tonsils through surgical removal. This procedure is known as tonsillectomy.